PT.. Coconut Oil is one of the most stable oils to cook with and it
keeps forever without going rancid.  Here is part of an article...

http://www.truthaboutabs.com/unhealthy-vs-healthy-cooking-oils.html
Saturated fats are actually the healthiest oils to cook with!

Why?  Because they are much more stable and less inflammatory than
polyunsaturated oils.

This is why tropical oils such as palm and coconut oils (and even
animal fats such as butter) are best for cooking... they have very
little polyunsaturates and are mostly composed of natural saturated
fats which are the least reactive to heat/light and therefore the
least inflammatory in your body from cooking use.

That's also why natural butter (NOT margarine) is one of the best fats
for cooking. This all goes directly against what you hear in
mainstream health talk... because most health professionals don't
truly understand the biochemistry of fats, and falsely believe that
saturated fats are bad for you... when in fact, they are actually
neutral in most instances... and saturated fats from tropical oils are
actually good for you as they contain mostly medium chain
triglycerides (MCTs) which are lacking in most people's diets.

In fact, lauric acid is one of the abundant MCTs in tropical oils and
is known to strengthen the immune system.  Lauric acid is even being
studied currently in medical studies for controlling contagious
diseases.

To summarize... your best cooking or baking fats are generally butter
or tropical oils such as palm or coconut oil.  Olive oil (extra virgin
preferably) is ok for lower cooking temps as it's mostly
monounsaturated, so moderately stable.  The mostly polyunsaturated
oils such as soybean, grapeseed, cottonseed, safflower, etc, are the
least healthy for cooking or baking
continued...