Very interesting.  I am interested in knowing what happens long term.

I wonder if a TENS device could be used in the same manner.  Higher
voltage, pulsed.

They even come with conductive pads.

Very pure distilled water is an insulator.

Lois,

Thank you for the info.  I am interested in follow up.  It stopped it.
Now, can the nerve recover full functioning?

May I have your permission to copy and paste your mail complete and
unaltered except to remove anything you desire?

Later,
   Jim