My mother always warned me that toothpaste had sugar in it to rot your teeth to make more work for dentists. Yeah, yeah, mum.

A couple of years ago the dentist recommended a particular toothpaste for my husband's tooth sensitivity. When he used it the pain was like the pain caused to his teeth by sugar. When I researched the ingredients, I found there was sorbitol in it, used in toothpastes to keep the mix moist and runny. Sorry, mum.

I'm enjoying a mix of toothpastes at the moment, bought via eBay from India while I was searching for meswak twigs. I did get meswak twigs from Egypt (treasures of Egypt 1918), where they were cheaper, but have only used them once or twice, mainly a memory problem . The taste was stronger than I expected. I do mean to get into my stride with them. My twig is standing as close as possible to toothcleaning location 1; there is no excuse really. It will happen. One day.

One of the toothpastes from India is Meswak, and is very pleasant. Another is Dabur Red and another Vicco, Ayurvedic Medicine for gums and teeth (eBay money 619, moneykan...@gmail.com, M.Manikandan). I also sometimes use some Euthymol toothpaste sent to me from England, which some friends knew I used to use in the olden days. Of them all I like the Meswak best, but it's only a small tube so I am mean with it.

From Mr Manikandan I also ordered some Narayani Muscular Joint cream, which I've had on my chair-side table for some time. Until now I couldn't remember what it was for (minuscule print, small tube), and from the pictures decided it must be for chest, colds, etc. and would sometimes put it around my sinuses, and also on the flat warts round the necklace area of my neck. I'm amazed to find that they have become flatter. They don't stick up like they used to. And so nice too is Chandrika Sandal Soap and Mysore Sandal premium soap, made just from sandalwood oil, lovely.

OK folks, taste of India over, back to tonsils and teeth.

Almost. Just speaking up, thinking of fluoride and water, in favour of rainwater, which has eased me of a lot of pain that I discovered RO filtered tap water gave me, presumably from the fluoride, undeterred by the filter.