Mary,I don't have a unit yet and I would consider buying your old silver gen.
Thanks  > Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 07:42:16 -0800> From: mborg...@att.net>
Subject: RE: CS>Electrode cleaning?> To: silver-list@eskimo.com> > > Jason,> I
just received a new Silver gen, my old one was 18 yrs old and worked perfectly,
but my kids decided I needed a new one, so the new Silver gen has flat
electrodes is this good? It was hard to talk to the maker of the product as he
does not like to talk much so I know nothing about these flat electrodes.  >
Any information would be helpful.> Thank You >
Mary--------------------------------------------> On Tue, 2/17/15, Neville
<one.red...@hotmail.com> wrote:> >  Subject: RE: CS>Electrode cleaning?>  To:
"silver-list@eskimo.com" <silver-list@eskimo.com>>  Date: Tuesday, February 17,
2015, 6:46 PM>  >  #yiv0707868960>  #yiv0707868960 -->  .yiv0707868960hmmessage
P>  {>  margin:0px;padding:0px;}>  #yiv0707868960 body.yiv0707868960hmmessage>
{>  font-size:12pt;font-family:Calibri;}>  #yiv0707868960 Sorry>  Jason, don't
know anything about flat electrodes.>   Praps I shouldn't have said anything.
You know the>  old saying, "Rather not say anything and let people>  think
you're an idiot, than open your mouth and remove>  all doubt"...LOL.>  Thanks
for your insight regarding>  pads.>  Well here's>  one hypothesis, the
suspected poor quality DW used on that>  occasion, in combination with the stir
bar spinning action,>  may have developed a situation whereby whilst in
storage>  some silver was pulled to the centre where the stir bar>  spun?
Cross contamination?  I know silver is not>  magnetic, but who knows if other
unknown contaminants in the>  DW may have combined to encourage that end
result?  I>  don't know, perhaps a magnetic field was created, again>  with the
combination of impurities in that particular batch>  of DW, created an
opening/situation for some>  "reaction?" or agglomeration or>  "something?" to
take place, and to take place>  *only* where the stir bar was situated?>  What
confounded me was the fact that>  it not only occurred once, it occurred twice
after filtering>  and cleaning that storage vessel out?>  Another of life's
mysteries I>  guess.>  Cheers>  N.>  >  > Date: Tue, 17 Feb>  2015 17:50:02
-0800>  > From:>  ja...@eytonsearth.org>  > To:>  silver-list@eskimo.com>  >
Subject: Re:>  CS>Electrode cleaning?>  > >  > Hi Neville:>  > >  > I remember
reading your initial post and>  being puzzled by it, but not >  > having>
anything of value to contribute.>  > >  > As far as scrub pads contaminating
pure>  silver, since silver is way >  > softer>  than steel, risk fo
contamination is low unless you think>  >  > cleaning the silver is a sanding>
project.>  > >  > You make>  my point.  I myself use a plastic scrubber for my
>  > straight/rounded electrodes, and have no>  problem.  The point of using an
>  >>  abrasive is to eliminate or reduce the electrode>  degradation, which is
a >  > significant>  issue in my opinion, as far as it effects the brewing >  >
process.  You might be able to get away>  with using a paper towel to >  >
clean>  electrodes, but you also might be surprised at the amount of>  >  >
jagged edges are actually created on>  the silver electrode in the >  >
standard>  "home brew" setup, over time.>  >>  >  > Cleaning my Silvergen SG7
electrodes>  is much more involved.  Luckily, >  > the>  degradation of the
electrodes is very minimal due to the>  reverse >  > polarity used and the
rapid>  water circulation.  I have to use makeup >  > removers, which are made
from a dense>  cotton, similar in shape to Q-Tips.>  > >  > Since these are
flat electrodes, ***the>  silver oxide particles that do >  > build>  up*** on
the electrodes provides enough abrasion to>  reproduce a >  > completely smooth
surface>  on the electrodes, thanks to the perfect >  > design of the electrode
configuration.>  > >  > ~Jason>  > >  > >  > >  >
Colloidal Silver.>   Rules and Instructions: http://www.silverlist.org> >
Archives: >   http://www.mail-archive.com/silver-list@eskimo.com/maillist.html>