Hi Neville:

On 2/18/2015 5:54 PM, Neville wrote:

On contemplating events I came to the conclusion pH meters somehow
contaminate water.  I dumped that entire batch down the sink, only about
1200ml, cleaned the vessel out with paper towel and started again using
DW straight out of the bottle - perfect, clear and as it should be both
during and upon cessation of the brew process.

..interesting, my Hanna Multi-meter doesn't contaminate the water, but I do rinse it with distilled water and wipe it down before use.

~Jason