----- Original Message -----
From: GaryJanine <garyjan...@email.msn.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, 26 December 1999 13:18
Subject: CS>Gout

> Does anyone have any experience with gout? My Mom has gout on her
toe and I
> was wondering how/if cs could help. Thanks
>
> garyjan...@msn.com

Hi,

==================
"Gout is one of the oldest recorded diseases in medical history. It is
a form of arthritis which is characterized by sudden, severe attacks
of pain and tenderness in joints. Gout usually affects the large joint
of the big toe but can also occur in other joints such as the knees,
ankles, hands and wrists.

Gout is associated with too much uric acid in the blood. This can be
caused either by excess production of uric acid or by decreased
excretion of it. Needle-like crystals of a salt of uric acid deposit
in a joint and surrounding tissues causing pain, swelling and, in some
cases, destruction of the joint.

Uric acid is formed from the breakdown of substances called purines.
Purines are found naturally in our bodies as well as in certain foods.
Foods high in purines include organ meats (liver, brains, kidney and
sweetbreads), anchovies, herring and mackerel. Smaller amounts are
found in all meats, fish and poultry."
==================

The body will cause waste acids to be precipitated from the blood in
order to maintain its alkaline pH level, if they are not neutralised
and eliminated in the urine

===================
"Webster defines uric acid as "a white colorless crystalline substance
found in urine, being one of the products of nuclein metabolism. It is
nearly insoluble in water, alcohol, and ether, but soluble in
solutions of alkaline salts." Here also, potassium will work better
than calcium. Many people reported relief from gout (which is caused
by uric acid) after drinking alkaline water."
====================

Eating fruit, as Robert said, will help because of the potassium it
contains, but probably the best way to alleviate gout is to drink
alkaline water. That is, water supplemented with alkaline drops, such
as Alkalife  www.alkalife.com . These drops contain a diluted mixture
potassium hydroxide and sodium hydroxide in the appropriate ratio, the
extra water will also help. These alkaline salts will dissolve the
uric acid precipitations and relieve the symptoms. One might also
consider using a pure sun dried sea salt rather than ordinary table
salt, this also helps dissolve acid precipitation, will aid in
digestion and has numerous other benefits.

Regards
Ivan.