On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 06:26:36 -0400, "Annex" <an...@flosc.net> wrote:

>Reading about the opinions on "Zappers" leaves me with a little "Heartburn".
>When you couple the Hulda Clark Zapper, or any other type,  to a human body,
>you
>also should read the waveform with an oscilliscope to see if the waveform
>remains
>a square wave, or does it show signs of integration?  To be effective, the
>waveform MUST remain a square wave with fast rise and fall times!

I absolutely agree!!!!  (that's a 4-shriek agreement)

That's the downfall of the commercial units I bought and tested.  None
of them were able to produce a square wave when "attached" to the
body.

I have one of the micro-oscilloscopes (sold at Radio Shack)
permanently attached to my "main" Zapper to continuously monitor the
waveform.  (This scope isn't very good for accurate voltage
measurements, but nicely shows the waveform's leading edge on a 1"
square screen.)

>1.  The square wave should be assymetrical with the "on" time about 75% to
>get both even
>and odd harmonics.

Ok

>2.  DC Restoration should be used at the output so you have a positive going
>waveform.

Yup.

>3.  CMOS 555 type output stages do not have the drive capability to provide
>a good sqare wave under load (connected to the body).

Hmm.  The one's I've used provide enough drive.  Using a 1000 Ohm
current limiting resistor, the max current available at 12 volts is 12
mA.  The 555 can easily supply that current.

>4.  The output voltage peak-to-peak must be in excess of 12 Volts.  13.5 V
>seems to be
>the optimum.  Several researchers have used even higher voltages with very
>good results.

I tried that, and it gets somewhat "tingly."  RF burns are possible
(burns are possible with 6 volt pulses when the electrodes are against
the cheeks, just below the eye, and have a small surface area or
uneven conductivity to the skin).

>5.  Frequency of the output can be quite important depending on the disorder
>to be treated.
>Just as a suggestion, use the "Rife" frequencies as a starting point.  Many
>web sites have
>lists up to 18 pages, single spaced, of these frequencies.  No single
>frequency seems to
>be a "cure all"  For instance:  atheletes foot responds quite well to
>frequencies in the
>300 Hz to 465 Hz range. For parasites, lower frequencies (200 Hz to 3000 Hz)
>work well.

Use a sweep frequency generator to slowly vary the pulse frequency,
over 10 seconds or so, between 200 and 3000 Hz.

>6.  Power regulation using a standard 555 is very important as that version
>of the 555 has
>huge power spikes when changing state.  This can affect the usefullness of
>the circuit quite
>dramatically.  The Hulda Clark circuit has no provision for voltage
>stability. Just connecting
>a 470 uf capacitor from pin 8 to pin 1 can help.

Most power supplies are big enough to produce good square waves
(except for 9 volt batteries) in my tests.  It's the output waveform
that's important.  The power spikes needed by the 555 haven't shown up
in the output in my tests.

>7.  Most important of all . . . Go to the hardware store, or a plumbing
>supply house, and get
>1-1/4" chrome plated brass tubing used in sing drains.  This comes in
>lengths up to 12". Cut
>two 6" lengths and SOLDER the output wires of the circuit to the interior of
>the tubes. The
>copper ipe suggested by Clark and others is completely inadequate as
>handpieces for a
>"Zapper" curcuit output. In addition, they are hell to keep clean. You
>should clean the handpieces
>and your hand an fingers with alcohol before each use to remove hand oils.

Hmm.  I've tried that, and the chrome plated pipes didn't provide as
much current.  I assume you're using some kind of wetted sleeve over
the pipes.

Also, soap works better than alcohol for cleaning.   Alcohol works,
but removes too much oil from the skin, allowing the airborne bacteria
to almost  instantly collect on your skin with no "friendly" bacteria
to fight them off -- since you've killed the friendly stuff with
alcohol.  (I participated in a study, at the U of Minn. public health
labs,  that tested the effectiveness of different skin cleaning
techniques prior to surgery, vaccinations, etc.  Green soap and
several other soaps were far better than alcohol or other skin
cleaners.  Most doctors apparently don't know of that research, even
though the report was issued in 1959.)

-- Dean -- from (almost) Duh Moyn  (CDP, KB0ZDF)