Annex wrote:

> Reading about the opinions on "Zappers" leaves me with a little "Heartburn".
> When
> you couple the Hulda Clark Zapper, or any other type,  to a human body, you
> also
> should read the waveform with an oscilliscope to see if the waveform remains
> square wave, or does it show signs of integration?  To be effective, the
> waveform
> MUST remain a square wave with fast rise and fall times!

The waveform I see with the Clark zapper is near a square wave.  There is no
integration, but a slight amount of differentation.  Rise and fall times are
fast, and there is a slight decay on the slope of both the positive and negative
toward the average voltage.

> The difference in effectivity is quite remarkable when the rise and fall
> times are fast.
> After spending hundreds of hours designing and testing pad type devices
> (Zappers)
> several things became evident, they are as follows:
>
> 1.  The square wave should be assymetrical with the "on" time about 75% to
> get both even
> and odd harmonics.

I must say that is an excellent idea!

> 2.  DC Restoration should be used at the output so you have a positive going
> waveform.

That should only be necessary if you are AC or capacitively coupled.

> 3.  CMOS 555 type output stages do not have the drive capability to provide
> a good
> sqare wave under load (connected to the body).

I will have to pull the spec. sheets and see. I thought the outputs were the
same.

> 4.  The output voltage peak-to-peak must be in excess of 12 Volts.  13.5 V
> seems to be
> the optimum.  Several researchers have used even higher voltages with very
> good results.

Why is this, considering that the voltage at the probes is about 3 volts after
the current limit?  Is it because you get a faster rise time?

> 5.  Frequency of the output can be quite important depending on the disorder
> to be treated.
> Just as a suggestion, use the "Rife" frequencies as a starting point.  Many
> web sites have
> lists up to 18 pages, single spaced, of these frequencies.  No single
> frequency seems to
> be a "cure all"  For instance:  atheletes foot responds quite well to
> frequencies in the
> 300 Hz to 465 Hz range. For parasites, lower frequencies (200 Hz to 3000 Hz)
> work well.

Interesting. I will have to look up a copy of the frequencies.

> 6.  Power regulation using a standard 555 is very important as that version
> of the 555 has
> huge power spikes when changing state.  This can affect the usefullness of
> the circuit quite
> dramatically.  The Hulda Clark circuit has no provision for voltage
> stability. Just connecting
> a 470 uf capacitor from pin 8 to pin 1 can help.

Also connect a film capacitor of .1 uf or so.  Electrolytics tend to have too
high an internal resistance to effectively filter out very fast spikes many
times.

> 7.  Most important of all . . . Go to the hardware store, or a plumbing
> supply house, and get
> 1-1/4" chrome plated brass tubing used in sing drains.  This comes in
> lengths up to 12". Cut
> two 6" lengths and SOLDER the output wires of the circuit to the interior of
> the tubes. The
> copper ipe suggested by Clark and others is completely inadequate as
> handpieces for a
> "Zapper" curcuit output.

What is that?  I find they work quite well.

> In addition, they are hell to keep clean. You
> should clean the handpieces
> and your hand an fingers with alcohol before each use to remove hand oils.

I don't seem to have any problem keeping them clean, since they are only used
with wet towels over them.

> Anyone wishing to build a zapper, either fixed or variable frequency, can
> E-Mail me at
> bill...@flosc.net and I will send a schmatic to you of either circuit.  This
> schematic is rather
> complex, but nothing good is easy!

I would be interested in seeing you improvements.  Although I have built 3
zappers from the Clark schematic, I personally ususally use a pulse generator.

Marshall