Hi Ivan,

We had AA testing done on samples from our SG6 which does not have polarity reversal and also on our SG7 which does reverse polarity and found both units produce about 85% ionic. Apparently it makes no difference...at least in our units.

What now?

Trem

At 10:41 AM 1/20/2002 +1300, you wrote:
Nice test Steve, thanks.

 What is interesting is that at polarity
> reversal time, the
> voltage rises up and settles back to the pre-switch voltage
> in just a few
> seconds.  Thus one would think the production strength would
> not be affected
> more than 10% or so instead of over 50%.

Well it is not the voltage that indicates the rate of silver
dissolution. The current dip and restoration will be more indicative,
and as Kevin mentioned, some of the energy will used in undoing what
was done in the last cycle, and as he mentioned later, it is likely
that a higher proportion of metallic colloid particles are produced. A
test of total silver content for both runs would be very interesting.

Ivan