Well said Kevin . I'll be looking forward to Mike's response ....
especially his opinions on the book as I have not ordered it either, as
of this time.  Namaste:  Bob Bartell

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Nolan [mailto:ken...@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 8:50 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Living Water & CS

Hello Mike.

                Yes I do recall you recommending those books. Rightly or
wrongly I will confess to becoming sceptical when reading through the
blurb at one or two web sites selling them. The language was, well,
flowery. Take the site currently under consideration -
http://www.alivewater.net/pages/Water.html. On that page we read:

"The fact that many people today, apart from their own sensations and
gut feelings, demand scientific proof, which alone will be accepted by
the intellect, is caused by one-sided linear thinking or in other words,
the "rational" mind's (left side of the brain) monopoly on "accepted"
knowledge. This makes us feel unable to trust our ability to sense the
truth and trust the faith we feel inside whenever we experience
something which is not confirmed by the scientific establishment."

This sets the stage for:

"We humans have always been inclined to expect miracles and wonders.
Especially when something occurs which cannot be understood with the
rational mind alone. These so-called miracles and wonders each person
can realize using his or her inherent and innate powers.

For instance, there are individuals who lose faith in their healing when
a dis~ease occurs, while others are capable of overcoming the dis~ease
by maintaining the belief in their healing. The more effort a person is
prepared to put into doing something for themselves, the more
intensively Living Water will help in the utilization of the forces in
Living Water. When using Water, especially Revitalized Water, it is very
beneficial to be aware of the living consciousness of Water.

If you, for example, experience that Living Water does not solve some
problem you have in a satisfactory way, you do not have to give up your
faith and beliefs in Living Water, or yourself. Take it as an
opportunity and stumbling block, a welcomed reason to go through your
problem once again and do some research into the cause of the problem.
Then maybe you will find reason to acknowledge and admit the fact that
there might be something which you can change (e.g. in your lifestyle,
attitude or ways of thinking). After this you might find that Living
Water is now able and willing to support you to be stronger in your new
state of mind because it is closer to the truth in your reality."

So I really have to believe beforehand for it to work - or work well at
least. What's more the water apparently has a personality all it's own.
Pardon the pun, but this all seems a little hard to swallow. It's a
world away from CS making, where members can convey experiences in
measurable and understandable terms. Thus we talk about trying a certain
electrode area, a certain current or voltage, a certain DW conductivity,
stirring method, etc, etc. I get the impression with 'Living waters'
systems, a change of religion is almost mandatory. Maybe this is being
unfair. So can I ask you, Mike, to summarize the principles that are at
work, from your reading of Callum Coates et al. Also, what measurable
change in water properties have you found from using your own vortex
energizer? Finally, are you aware of any 'living waters' list(s)
equivelent to the silver-list? If any such lists exist that may be the
best way for folks to evaluate the various claims; get opinions and
actual experiences from a whole range of users.

regards, Kevin Nolan ken...@optusnet.com.au