elixsil...@citlink.net wrote:

> I have been doing some reading on the silver websites lately and I see
> someone saying that ionic silver crosses the cell wall. Is not that a
> problem? I've always thought silver smothers anaerobically metabolizing
> organisms from the outside thereby harming no aerobically metabolizing
> organisms.

Nope, silver kills both quite effectively.  Since many bacteria can switch from
one to the other that is good.

> If it crosses into the cell can it not then harm it somehow?

Silver is non toxic to mammelian cells.

> Also, in my early experiments of '98 I found vit.C/ascorbic acid to work the
> best as an electrolyte- virtually always bringing the ions to colloidal
> size-thus the yellow coloration shows itself. Making yellow colloids is what
> I learned from DR. Peter Reynolds and others. I do not understand ionic. It
> seems to me it is just another way of saying molecular, which I equate with
> bad.

No ionic is atomic, with one or more extra or missing electrons.  If you have a
cation though, it can form a compound.

> Who were the first one or two people to promote ionic and where is
> their research to be found. I want to be able to debunk it properly or not
> at all. Can anyone answer this.

There has been a lot of discussion here on ionic vs colloidal.  Since most LVDC
CS is 90 to 95% ionic, there has been some speculation that ionic is taking part
in the action.  There is good evidence that silver kills pathogens both in
metalic and ionic form.  For instance, silver metal is used to sterlize water
for airplanes, the shuttle, and many water filters.  Silver nitrate, which has
an ionic form of silver along with a nitrate radical has a long history of
killing bacteria, and has been used, and still is, in newborn baby's eyes to
kill gonneriah.

It appears that both forms work.  Which works better is still up for dispute.
But there are other things to look at.

1. ionic form can cause blueing of the skin under some circumstances with high
dosages.  It is generally believed that colloid cannot do this.
2. ionic can penetrate into cells easier than colloid.  This can possibly be
good for topical applications trying to get to something under the skin.  DMSO
appears to be capable of carrying ionic silver deep into tissues easily.  It is
debatable whether DMSO can accomplish this with colloid.
3. colloid will not end up reacting with the HCl in the stomach and
precipitating out like ionic would be expected to do.

So the best guess I have is that ionic might be best for topical application,
and colloidal for taking internally.  Since most CS is a combination of the two,
then it is very effective in all respects.

Marshall