elixsil...@citlink.net wrote:

> Ivan,
> Why would you thind that all the colloidal science and chemistry texts of
> decades ago (dozens)spoke only of coloidal silver- never ionic silver?

Because they were made with chemical means of precipitation.

> Also- it seems to me that most people I have known to make their own
> solution had been making cloudy to white sol which I equated with low PPM
> batches of larger grey colloids.

Sounds like none of them know what they are doing.  I will not use cloudy to
white. Sounds like they are using impure water and who knows what the final
product contains.

> I thought this to be the norn, as I found
> salt seems to cause this to be all one can make.

Never ever use salt.  Everyone stopped using salt about 3 or 4 years ago. The
chlorine reacts with the silver ions and give your silver chloride. Silver
chloride is essentially non soluble so at best it is unavailable when you
drink it.

Marshall