Please find my comments interspersed :-)

Silver acts upon pathogens in various ways. One, that you refer to, is
by disabling cellular wall transport proteins to the extent that they
can no longer transport, or allow admittance of, the molecules and
ions the cell needs for life. This can only occur if the silver binds
to the proteins and thus it must be in the ionic form to do so.
Indeed, it has been found that if the silver is removed from its
association with these cell wall proteins (by introducing a chemical
with a higher affinity for silver ions), the pathogen can recover.

Silver ions have also been found inside the cells of bacteria, bonded
to cellular proteins and DNA/RNA, which would further disrupt cellular
processes. It is thought that silver gains cellular entrance by
weakening the cell wall in the process previously described.

Whether a pathogen is aerobic or anaerobic makes no difference. There
is however, some question about the relative effectiveness of silver
regarding gram negative (hard cell wall, negatively charged) vs. gram
positive (double membrane) bacteria.

Silver ions do not seem to have a negative effect on mammalian cells.

> Also, in my early experiments of '98 I found vit.C/ascorbic
> acid to work the
> best as an electrolyte- virtually always bringing the ions
> to colloidal
> size-thus the yellow coloration shows itself. Making yellow
> colloids is what
> I learned from DR. Peter Reynolds and others.

Well, this is one way of making large silver particles, until the
ascorbic acid is used up. Then you will be generating silver ions.
Here is a nice pictorial view of some of the process that may be
occurring:
http://www.educ.cc.keio.ac.jp/~ub06272/ICCGposter.ppt

 I do not
> understand ionic. It
> seems to me it is just another way of saying molecular,
> which I equate with
> bad. Who were the first one or two people to promote ionic
> and where is
> their research to be found. I want to be able to debunk it
> properly or not
> at all. Can anyone answer this.

The definition of an ion is quite wide, it may be an atom which has
gained or lost an electron, and so has a net charge, or similarly, a
molecule which has a net charge. A silver ion is in the former group,
that is, and atom which has lost one or more electrons and so has a
net charge of + one, two or three. A positively charged ion is called
a cation (cat-ion), most metals or mineral form cations.
Electrically generated CS is formed from a stream of + one cations
(Ag+) which emanate from the anode. Thus, all such "colloidal silver"
has a high percentage of ions, and should more properly be called a
silver solution. Very few CS products have a large particulate
percentage, of which a true colloid is formed.
The colours of CS do relate to particle size (and light extinction and
plasmon production) and are due to the percentage of particles that
exist in it. There is also an unsubstantiated theory that ions form
co-ordinated groups at certain concentrations.

The fact that ionic silver does produce good outcomes is without
question, considering that most, if not all of the testimonials,
written in the last decade or so, relate to CS with a high ionic
percentage.

> Johnny Silverseed  author:
> C/S ....@ntibiotic Superhero

Regards