elixsil...@citlink.net wrote:

> Ode Coyote writes:
>
> My research shows the Tyndall Effect or Phenemon refers to the conical shape
> a flashlight beam will take as it passes through a highly colloidal sol. How
> pray-tell does the thin line of a laser equate to this?

The Tyndall Effect ( see http://silver-lightning.com/tyndall ) is caused by the
reflection of light from the particles.  It is irrelevent whether you use a
flashlight or a laser for the light.  Initially they looked for a conical shapre
since that was the shape the beam from the light source took.  If the beam is a
line, then the reflection will be a line.

Marshall