##  Let's define a bit better

Colorless = no color but presents a TE indicating the presence of colloidal
particles
Clear..often used interchangeably with colorless..= no color and no TE
[pure ionic]
Color= contains particles large enough to refract a given color but also
contains the smaller ranges of particles in varying ratios having to do
with depth of color [pale to dark yellow, for instance] per a given PPM.
The deeper the color, the greater the percentage of larger particles to
smaller colorless ones.

The point was that even a deep yellow or brown colored CS includes both
ions [clear/no TE] and larger particles [that eventually stick to glass]
and colorless small particles [that don't..the TE does not diminish in
storage with a colorless CS nor does the glass become silvery]
 TE does diminish as the yellow particles become stuck to the container in
storage but once the sticking process is complete, the TE ceases to
diminish and the left over CS is colorless.
 When you see a silvery coating it is due to plateout of a massive amount
of metallic silver onto the container.  I have only seen this happen 'in
process' as a track becomes established on the container and is fortified
with more and more silver plating onto the track rather than being
suspended in the  water or plating onto the opposite electrode...not after
storage.
 Stirring completely eliminates plateout onto the container. [But you still
get some plateout on the other electrode]

 Ions don't stick to anything and still remain ions. When they cease to be
ions, they can re-form themselves into a range of particle sizes and
colors. [or particles without color] depending on how they "stick" to each
other [and/or something else] and become "not ions".

 A pure ionic sol displaying no TE tends to stabilize into a mix of ions
and particles.  A TE may develop over time. The higher the PPM, the more
this is bound to happen, the greater the TE and the more likely a color
will develop if some other process such as hydration doesn't prevent it.
 At what point this happens and to what extent is, so far, undetermined and
variable. It seems to be more a process that varies with conditions than a
total predictable shift in state.
Ken