CSEnthusiasts,
In discussing the risk of spreading SARS in exhaled droplets it would
seem to me there is an issue as to whether or not the treatment is for
prevention or for cure.  For example, if we have a high degree of
certainty that an individual does not have SARS then it would seem quite
reasonable to be within their breething zone.

And shouldn't we worry more that a person who may become infected
through the droplets is someone who should be nebulizing, but may not
be?  As to the possibility that the virus may not be cleared up through
the use of CS, if this were true would it not be a first?  For what
other virus has CS not indicated effective?

My questions are just that, and not statements or any kind of challenge
to what others are saying.  Thanks to all for sharing knowledge in these
worrisome times.
Reid

David Bearrow said:
I wouldn't think it to be unsafe to nebulize. Armed with this
information we now know that one should nebulize alone so as to not
increase the risk of infecting someone else. Or one could rig up a
filter such as a tube with a CS soaked handkerchief rubber banded to the
end to exhale through. Or a tube snaked out through the window to exhale
through. There must be a way to reduce the risk of exhaling. But this
fact that one exhales the virus shouldn't stop you from nebulizing.