My guess is that we will never know if CS works against sars unless
there is an extreme epidemic, because if you go and get a confirmation
now, you will probably be quarantined, rather than let loose to go home
and find out. ( Or, you might volunteer for your own safety.)
 But, only if it is a "given" that you, and those around you have it,
and you are left to your own, as in house or neighborhood quarantine,
will you get the opportunity to find out.
 Another reason is that, at the first sign of symptoms, those of us that
can, will start treatment, and possibly knock it out before it gets
started.
 I just went through 3 days of "probable" flu, and will never know for
sure, although I strongly doubt it was sars.