At 07:58 PM 2/14/2004 -0600, you wrote:
I am simply amazed at the inability of some people to do a bit of simple
research on their own. If you wait around for someone else to hand you
the answers you are missing out on a lot of knowledge and the ability to
enrich other people with what you have found out.

I just queried Google.com with <"Calcium Phosphorous Ratio"> and got 10
pages of hits!

Here is one on phosphorous that is pertinent.
http://www.brandywinechiropractic.com/minerals/phosphorous

That one came up "not found."

Here's what I found.

I had to do some digging here.

References to horses, monkeys, mice etc,,.lots of 'em.
I left 'em out.

Don't miss the bottom one. It's the most important, I think.

******
In good health the ratio of calcium to
phosphorus in the blood is 10:4. If there is a
glandular imbalance, especially in regard to the
parathyroid glands, then this ratio will be
maintained at a different level, causing long-
term health deterioration. In particular, a high
ratio of phosphorus to calcium sensitizes the
body and increases inflammatory tendencies.
http://www.mrbean.net.au/~wlast/calcium.html

Ideally, the dietary calcium-phosphorus ratio
should be about 1 or 2:1.
http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0227.htm

IMO, the best site below on this and other issues:

The ratio of calcium to phosphorus in our bones
is about 2.5:1; the best proportions of these
minerals in our diet for proper metabolism are
currently under question.
http://www.healthy.net/asp/templates/article.asp?PageType=article&ID=2019

Do you still think the proper ratio is "common" knowledge?

[snip]

How many of you use seach engines FIRST then ask?

Not me. I expect the person making the statement to have done
the research and provided the sources...or to do the work if
asked.  I will do so.

Why make perhaps hundreds do the grunt work for a bald statement
I made, then they discover that it was just that - a statement without
sources...or contradictory sources...or just plain crap science?
See http://gideonz.tripod.com/articles/OpenMind.htm

BTW, I don't exclude myself in this. Call me on it.

One page found on Google had a table of "acceptable" calcium/phosphorus ratios.

Acceptable by whom?

Where were the studies?

There's one thing I'm almost sure of:

That damn near everything I thought I knew is wrong.

And I also know that I'm not alone in that.

Nothing personal.

stuff

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>