I found that Lugol's Iodine solution works very well for food Poisoning, Most of the time within an hour.
IODINE, IODIDE, WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

Iodine is a basic element, as are calcium, zinc, oxygen and other elements. The word "iodine" usually refers to two iodine molecules chemically "stuck together" (I2), just as the word "oxygen" usually refers to two oxygen molecules "stuck together" (O2). Since iodine is more reactive, and therefore more likely to cause problems, iodine is usually used as "iodide", a word which refers to one iodine molecule combined with another molecule such as potassium (KI) or sodium (NaI). In chemical terms, such molecules are called "salts"; the best known salt is sodium chloride (NaCl), a "salt" of chlorine (Cl2).

The "SS" in "SSKI" refers to "Saturated Solution Potassium Iodide". Other medically useful forms of iodine include "Lugol's solution", invented by Dr. Lugol of Paris in the 1840s, which contains a mixture of types of iodine and iodide, and "di-atomic iodine", which is another name for iodine, but usually prepared as a solid in a capsule instead of a liquid.
Tel Tofflemire
Dewey, AZ.

Marshall Dudley wrote:

"Jonathan B. Britten" wrote:

A useful anecdote:

I attended a wake last night, after which mourners were served food.
I partook.   Today, at a  funeral service,  it turned out that all of
us who ate the food had gotten food poisoning.

After some hours of thrashing about the previous night,  I had about
half a pint of homebrew CS,  and that put an end to my symptoms.

My only question is, why did you wait several hours?  I have had this
happen 3 or 4 times since I started using CS, and in every case I take a
swig within minutes of knowing I have a problem, and it "cures" is within
minutes.

Marshall

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>