A useful anecdote:

I attended a wake last night, after which mourners were served food. I partook. Today, at a funeral service, it turned out that all of us who ate the food had gotten food poisoning.

After some hours of thrashing about the previous night, I had about half a pint of homebrew CS, and that put an end to my symptoms. Others were still ill the next day; one had gone to hospital for medicines, another had spent the night vomiting. It seems that the CS worked quite well, as my sufferings lasted only about four hours, and I got quick relief.

Chalk up another victory for CS.

JBB