At 09:54 AM 2/16/2004 -0500, you wrote:
"Jonathan B. Britten" wrote:

> A useful anecdote:
>
> I attended a wake last night, after which mourners were served food.
> I partook.   Today, at a  funeral service,  it turned out that all of
> us who ate the food had gotten food poisoning.
>
> After some hours of thrashing about the previous night,  I had about
> half a pint of homebrew CS,  and that put an end to my symptoms.

Ditto, but not by personal experience. My son has done this twice.

But the evidence suggested only that he picked up a bug somewhere,
not food poisoning.

I'm convinced it'll work as well for food poisoning.

It also only took a swig.

My only question is, why did you wait several hours?  I have had this
happen 3 or 4 times since I started using CS, and in every case I take a
swig within minutes of knowing I have a problem, and it "cures" is within
minutes.

Marshall

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>