Re: CS>Transfer FactorThis is from a Rhodesian Ridgeback list.

Re: The Swiffer Wet Jet and your Pets

 Permission to cross post

 From a Pennsylvania rescue list::

 I recently had a neighbor who had to have their
 5-year old German
 Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was
 completely healthy
 until a
 few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy done to see
 what the cause was.
 The
 liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had
 ingested poison of
 some
 kind. The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside,
 someone's with
 him, so
 the idea of him getting into something unknown was
 hard to believe. My
 neighbor started going through all the items in the
 house. When he
 got to
 the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print,
 a warning which
 stated
 "may be harmful to small children and animals." He
 called the company
 to ask
 what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was
 astounded to find
 out
 that anitfreeze is one of the ingredients. (actually
 he was told it's
 compound which is one molecule away from
 anitfreeze).

 Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor
 cleaned with the
 solution,
 then licking it's own paws, and the dog eating from
 its dishes which
 were
 kept on the kitchen floor cleaned with this product,
 it ingested
 enough of
 the solution to destroy its liver.

 Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two
 cats also died of
 liver
 failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick
 cleanups on their
 floors. Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they
 couldn't file a
 lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as
 many people as
 possible
so they don't lose their animals.