I would not put much faith in the urbanlegends site, either they have
been bought off, or their research is lacking.

They also claim that a letter that was sent to a committe about
aspartame being poisonous was a scam (I actually followed up on this and
they claimed the person sending the letter did not exist and the letter
was a hoax, yet I talked with her and verified it was not a scam.), and
that aspertame is a proven healthy product. yeh right! After seeing that
one, I no longer give what they say any validity.

Marshall