At 01:40 PM 11/11/04, Garnet wrote:

Are you including all forms of meat here John? Even organic or wild,
fish (I know very few are clean)?

I realize Ann Wigmore's Hippocrates Health Institute recommended mostly
live foods like sprouts and that they are high in protien. Could be that
Type O that needs alot of protein would do well on this diet. I think we
get used to what we are eating and switching can be difficult.

Hi Garnet,  don't you EVER sleep????  :-)
At the extreme level of onrushing decomposition(death), yes.
Our earliest life/survival knowledge comes from what were the parents of Formal Religions, vis, Jewish dietary laws and the vastly older vedics and the oldest of all the Ku a'la. A constant across all cultures in the earliest times was the advice to "avoid eating any form of meat developed enough to have eyes", as a creature that developed was able to feel pain and fear - and to top it all off was pretty close to you in evolution.

Basically, all of the old lore has been proving out for a loooong time and if the oldest advice is meat is bad for you unless you have to eat it and then you need to ritually cleanse yourself of the "sin" ( error) a.s.a.p. after eating it....

We are biologically most unsuited to eating it - even fresh and bloody - but the way we do eat it............

I must say that before I self-destructed not only was I a true gourmet but a viandere ( meat lover) and didn't recognise anyone as a better chef du meat than me - and that included some top international chefs who were friends of mine thanks to my sincere appreciation of their craft. It was the overall hardest thing to do in my then young life, second only to giving up cigarettes/cigars/pipes/hookahs/etc.
But the evidence - ah, the evidence.

Unlike most people on this planet I could never fool myself, not in living memory. When I got fat as I regularly cycled thru, I KNEW it. Just before the "slob" point I would go on a ritual near-fast and shed the weight. Put the evidence in front of me and as a certain Physicist said of me once: " Him? A turncoat. Just give him the evidence and he will abandon a stance of years. Totally unreliable."

So, yes. The evidence is in: ANY meat is not good for humans. Unless working as a professional Reindeer Herder in Sahkashent in Siberia and willing to do the things they must do just in order to be able to defecate. Like Eskimos, only worse.

Some things we can know for sure. Some of those we will ignore to death. My final answer to most things is: Cancer is the toughest thing anyone can face. It is easy to cure. But only by following a time-developed set of rules:
1. Natural diet. And no, meat is not natural and is out. All meat.
2. Change your mind
3. Change your environment
4. Work. Physically. Sure it hurts if you are sick, but is the only way back.
5. Give. The hardest part of all for most. Give what you most fear losing. Then you win. From then on, every time.

Now I must stop all this - Mike will be at me for frightening the ducks again.
Off to the beach!

Peace!
Himagain