At 09:20 AM 13/11/04, you wrote:

So no comment on the energetic differences in consciously slaughtered
meat? Lots of people have thrived on very high meat diets for millennia.
That is what WE evolved from.

Cereals, grains, root vegetables were all eaten last, when the winter
stores of meats were depleted. Strange that these ancient peoples did
not know any better? Or did they?

Garnet

Hi Garnet, again I THOUGHT I did! :-)
"Energetic differences" are chemical. Garnet you must know someone who has had some neurological pharmacology training somewhere ............... :-) History? No, you are looking probably at the US-centric version of history. I remember on my first trip to the USA being shown some of the "ancient historic" buildings there - right after I'd come from Italy. Where the family I stayed with in Venice had lived in the same house since before real municipal records were kept..... They bought it cheap during the big plague of 1475 and moved right in. That's how they know the date. Yes, 1475.

99% of the world until very recently lived mainly on threshed grain and/or legumes and milk byproducts. Nobody I know has yet satisfactorily came up with an explanation for how the blazes normally sane beings started to do that. Well, we do have one wild theory in Matrixide, but that isn't for gentlefolk here.

Catching and killing even an Owners rabbit often meant a death sentence.
Eat my cow?  Are you mad?   What would we eat for the rest of the decade?
Would you eat lousy dried up grass if you had ANY other choice?  :-{

All I can keep saying to people is what do you think the human hand is good for? Hint: Basically the one thing they couldn't mechanise till very recently was ..... fruitpicking.

I'd better get back to work - even tho it is Saturday at this EOTW.

Cheers,

Himagain