Hi Sol,
You'll have to excuse my ignorance. I developed a left knee problem back
in April. It has become much better but still having intermittent aches.
Sometimes weather is a factor, sometimes sedentary inactivity. I
practice yoga and when done mindfully I have found it does help relieve
pain.
I did a few typical medical procedures and still nothing really. No
structural damage that can be seen, not even an MRI detected much.
There might be some inflammation behind some fatty tissue, inconclusive
at best. A sports therapist thinks it's an "IT" band issue along the
side of my leg running down just past the knee. The constant bending he
thinks is what is causing the aggravation.
I am still not sure if it is a physical problem, or if it has been
brought on by dietary neglect. Went to a nutritionist didn't work. I
don't believe it is RA. I don't have any inflammation, in the joint or
surrounding area.
Still haven't got a clue. Got any ideas?

In regards to your situation, I suppose without sounding silly, believe
you have to over come your iodine allergy? The thyroid really does need
this.  Have you tried Homeopathy?

Just a suggestion.. :-)

Ernie