Sol, if you have to take ibuprofen, I suggest taking a chelated copper tablet with each dose. This should protect your stomach from the very damaging effects of the NSAID. It may also increase the anti-inflammatory effects of the ibuprofen.

Paul H

----- Original Message ----- From: "sol" <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: CS>>Rheumatoid arthritis or Lupus and nightshades

Nightshades don't seem to be a bother to me. I have had a major, whole body two days in bed flare after eating celery though. I don't do cheddar as the yellow coloring annatto seems to be a problem for me. Is annatto a nightshade? I know it is a common allergen. Right now, I do eat some nightshades as they are some of the only veg I'm not allergic to for other reasons.

I have just had bloodtests to rule out RA or Lupus, though my online research seems to indicate that people who do not have positive Rheumatoid factor blood tests can still have the disease, and people who are positive for RF don't always have it. So I likely wasted my time and had 9 x-rays for nothing. I have some symtpoms of both, but not all. Over the past 15 or more years I've had problems in different joints, hands, wrists, elbows, feet, hips, now it is my knees that are the problem. A couple of times I have barely been able to get around, even with canes. I have been working on suspected underlying causes for the past two + years, but have made only minimal progress in the joint problems, GI problems are significantly better though.

I may just have to self-treat for RA and see if I improve. This could also be Fibromyalgia or one of the many other related mysterious conditions. It doesn't seem to be anything definitive enough for a "real" medical diagnosis. So it is very frustrating. The orthopedic doc will likely push for arthroscopy but I don't want that.

Meantime he has said no walking and maybe I could do swimming for excercise, but I can't because of eczema. I have no doubt whatsoever that pool chlorine and chemicals would set off the eczema horribly, because of the drying, if nothing else.

Meantime I'm supposed to take 3 Ibuprofen 3 times a day, for two weeks. I don't normally "do" MDs anymore, but I was hoping for a diagnosis I could then use to self-treat. I doubt I'll make the full two weeks of the ibuprofen trial though, doubt my stomach will take it. I will likely return to MSM and yucca, and homeopathic pain relievers. If I could just get a diagnosis, I could target everything a whole lot more effectively. There has just got to be an underlying cause of all this whole complex of problems. Doesn't there? The food allergies I already have complicate every attempt to deal with things via diet though. My iodine allergy is the worst. Without the iodine allergy there is a lot I could do via diet. But I can't get rid of it or haven't been able to so far (20 years).

sol

Judydownmaine wrote:

Sol -- Have you removed nightshades from your diet?
potatoes. tomatoes, eggplant, green (and other) peppers
-- add to that list paprika and cheddar cheese
See http://www.noarthritis.com/nightshades.htm
My pain disappeared and joints healed after removing nightshades and drinking enough water ("1/2 your weight divided by 8" for the number of 8 oz glasses to drink every day. Do half before 10 AM)
I also did a regimen of 5ppm CS --- 1/4 cup 4X/day
on an empty stomach for 1 month
Judy Down Maine