I was told almost five months ago by my dentist that I need a root canal for
one of my upper molars because of the infection around (or in) the roots of
that tooth (as shown by X-ray).  I said "No" at the time, largely because of my
concerns about the long-term toxicity of root-canaled teeth (according to some
dental practitioners).  So, I was given a penicillin-like antibiotic which
eliminated the pain, but the pain has been slowly and gradually returning
during
the last three months.  Given my dislike for antibiotics and my suspicion
about the dangers of root canals, I'm looking for alternatives.

I assume that CS would kill the noxious bacteria around the roots of my
infected tooth if there was a way to deliver CS to the site of the infection
(which
undoubtedly likes below and inside gum tissue).  Could drinking a certain
quantity of CS for a certain period of time be helpful?  Gargling with CS or
spraying the infected tooth and surrounding tissue with CS would seem to be
inadequate because it's not likely that CS could get into and under the skin at
the
point of infection.  Could I be wrong about that?

Your thoughts about this will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Christy Barton
Columbia, MO
flpplan...@aol.com