  From: flpplan...@aol.com
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 3:13 PM
  Subject: CS>Could CS help avoid a root canal?

  I was told almost five months ago by my dentist that I need a root canal for
one of my upper molars because of the infection around (or in) the roots of
that tooth (as shown by X-ray).  I said "No" at the time, largely because of my
concerns about the long-term toxicity of root-canaled teeth (according to some
dental practitioners).  So, I was given a penicillin-like antibiotic which
eliminated the pain, but the pain has been slowly and gradually returning
during the last three months.  Given my dislike for antibiotics and my
suspicion about the dangers of root canals, I'm looking for alternatives.

  I assume that CS would kill the noxious bacteria around the roots of my
infected tooth if there was a way to deliver CS to the site of the infection
(which undoubtedly likes below and inside gum tissue).  Could drinking a
certain quantity of CS for a certain period of time be helpful?  Gargling with
CS or spraying the infected tooth and surrounding tissue with CS would seem to
be inadequate because it's not likely that CS could get into and under the skin
at the point of infection.  Could I be wrong about that?

  Your thoughts about this will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

  Christy Barton
  Columbia, MO
  flpplan...@aol.com