At 11:56 PM 2/28/2005 -0600, John wrote:

I've had a similar experience with a root canal and if my CS/MSM can't handle future problems, I'll sure not be getting another root canal. It's almost impossible for the dentist to get all roots, hence the abscess. On another abscess tooth that CS/MSM couldn't overcome, I had it pulled then packed the cavity with cotton soaked CS/MSM. It healed rapidly
with no further problems.

stuff

She said to wait for six weeks and then come in for the finale. Either a filling or a pulling..... About three days before the appointed day, I could feel the abscess. I did not want to lose this expensive tooth at any cost, so I got some DMSO and mixed it with CS (90% cs & 10%dmso) and put the solution on a rolled up cotton gauze pad then packed it onto the gum line between the gum and the lip inside my mouth three times a day for about 15 min each time. On the third day the abscess was gone. When I went to the Dentist, she was so happy that the "new stuff" worked.... I didn't have the heart to tell her, and she probably didn't want to know. So that's my experience with a root canal and CS with DMSO ( which was the carrier that got the CS to the problem)
Hope my experience will be of a help to you.
John.