I have mentioned that bloodroot tincture may be useful in getting to the root of root-canal problems, and persons willing to experiment on themselves may wish to try this interesting herbal remedy.

On Tuesday, Mar 1, 2005, at 08:09 Asia/Tokyo, sol wrote:

I thought I read instances of people using CS with DMSO for this, and maybe not avoiding a root canal forever, but certainly limiting the infection for many months and even years.Should be in the archives.

Such tooth root infections can be very serious though, so if it was me, I might try CS/DMSO, but if that did not get the infection under good control or beat it back darn good in a relatively short time, I'd seek other treatment. I don't remember ever reading that straight CS alone would get where it needs to be to kill the infection. I do have an article on treating dental abscesses and jaw abscesses in a pet rabbit with a combination of conventional abx, CS/DMSO injected into the abscesses, and the open abscesses being packed with Acticoat. It stopped the progression of the disease in the rabbit. And also one molar that was loose and supposed to be pulled because it was so much in danger of abscessing tightened up and never abscessed and did not have to be pulled. The bunny's owner was lucky to have a very open vet who was willing to try such a "wild" treatment. It might be adaptable to a human.

Rootcanals are no fun to live with after the fact, 3 of mine failed and required oral surgeries, but letting an infection that close to the brain go untreated is really not a good idea either. All the ones I had the pain was horrible, and nothing touched it. Had no clue about CS nor DMSO in those days, though, in fact wasn't aware I had any alternative that would keep the teeth.

I have had people insist the only thing for me to do is have all my root-canalled teeth pulled.............not going to happen.
sol
----- Original Message -----

    From: flpplan...@aol.com <mailto:flpplan...@aol.com>

    I was told almost five months ago by my dentist that I need a root
    canal for one of my upper molars because of the infection around
    (or in) the roots of that tooth (as shown by X-ray).  I said "No"
    at the time, largely because of my concerns about the long-term
    toxicity of root-canaled teeth (according to some dental
    practitioners).  So, I was given a penicillin-like antibiotic
    which eliminated the pain, but the pain has been slowly and
    gradually returning during the last three months.  Given my
    dislike for antibiotics and my suspicion about the dangers of root
    canals, I'm looking for alternatives.

    I assume that CS would kill the noxious bacteria around the roots
    of my infected tooth if there was a way to deliver CS to the site
    of the infection (which undoubtedly likes below and inside gum
    tissue).  Could drinking a certain quantity of CS for a certain
    period of time be helpful?  Gargling with CS or spraying the
    infected tooth and surrounding tissue with CS would seem to be
    inadequate because it's not likely that CS could get into and
    under the skin at the point of infection.  Could I be wrong about
    that?

    Your thoughts about this will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.