Mike Monett wrote:

> CS>CS Questions
> From: Yvonne
> Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:51:45
> http://escribe.com/health/thesilverlist/m78982.html
>
>   > Hi,
>
>   > I've been  lurking  and trying to learn  as  much  about collodial
>   > silver as possible for about the past 6 months and I've  learned a
>   > tremendous amount.  I  plan on buying my  own  generator  soon but
>   > right now I have two questions I hope someone can help me with.
>
>   > Can collodial silver be warmed in the microwave? I want to  use it
>   > in my husbands and dog's ears and it would just be easier  to heat
>   > it a few seconds in the microwave it it doesn't harm the silver.
>
>   > Second, I just purchased a bottle of collodial silver from my food
>   > co-op. It  is made by Futurebiotics and is 10 ppm.  I  noticed the
>   > color is  a light yellow. Since it's not clear, does this  mean it
>   > is not of good quality?
>
>   > Thanks for any info you can give me.
>   > Yvonne
>
>   Hi Yvonne,
>
>   You only  need  a drop or two - it would be difficult  to  heat that
>   amount in the microwave without boiling it. The small  amount needed
>   quickly heats to body temperature without discomfort. You could hold
>   the dropper in your hand for a minute or two if it's cold.
>
>   I would  not  recommend  heating   the  cs.  The  higher temperature
>   increases the  ion  thermal velocities, which  increases  the chance
>   they will combine and form silver hydroxide. Here's the equations:
>
>   Ag(+) + OH(-) --> AgOH

Huh? It is already silver hydroxide. That is what ionic silver is, with
possibly some silver oxide.

>   Silver hydroxide  is  insoluble and inert. Only  the  ions  have any
>   biological activity.

If silver hydroxide were insoluble, then there would be no such thing as
ionic EIS. If it were inert, then ionic EIS would not kill pathogens, and
we know it does.  Give me good a reference that shows that silver hydroxide
is insoluable.  And show me a way that silver oxide could form without the
evolution of hydrogen, which does not happen when making high quality EIS
with polarity reversing.

>   The Futurebiotics  cs is heavily advertised on the web, but it  is a
>   mild silver  protein  product. According to Frank's  report,  it has
>   zero ion concentration:
>
>   Ionic Concentration: 0.0 ppm
>   http://www.silver-colloids.com/Reports/cpr07/cpr_07.html
>
>   If you  have  not opened it, see if you can take it back  and  get a
>   refund.
>
>   MSP has  little biological activity and can lead to argyria  in high
>   concentrations.  It   will   have   little   effect   in   the 10ppm
>   concentration.

I agree with that.

Marshall