>Good question. Silver particles are conductive, and could be affected by the
>microwave field.  I would take some and put it in the microwave and heat
it as
>you want, then use a laser to see if the tyndall changes from what was put in
>there. If it does not change I think it is probably fine, if it does change,
>then I would not do it.

 I did just that yesterday. [Heated colorless well stabilized CS with heavy
TE to boiling in a microwave]
 TE is still the same today. No noticeable change at all.
 Radiation is probably absorbed by the silver particles and energy
conducted into the water as heat at near the same rate.

 Did it again today.
 No significant change in conductivity.
 TE the same as parent.
 No apparent change at all

 What happens to it when it's very fresh or over heated as it's being made
is another story.
 In that case, around 120 deg F seems to be a threshold beyond which yellow
CS [EIS] is the result.

Ode

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.