Thank you for this balanced response.  You really helped me to understand
much better (and more accurately) what is going on with CS.

Lori

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Chamberlin [mailto:tcj...@yahoo.ca]
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 6:38 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>CS questions

Lori said,
"I have two questions concerning Colloidal Silver. The first question deals
with immunity and CS. I know from experience and research that heavy use of
antibiotics results in a compromised immune system. The immune system comes
to depend heavily on the antibiotics to fight disease and soon the
antibiotics become necessary to fight off even the simplest of germs.
Does this happen with CS?  Why or why not?"

First off, the immune system does not become dependent on antibiotics
anymore than it becomes dependent on chemotherapy or radiation.
Antibiotics attack everything in sight, and damage ("compromise") the immune
system so that it does not function right.
CS aids the immune system in more ways than simply killing pathogens, as
seen by the incident of folks experiencing improvement with health problems
when they take CS that are not related to pathogens. I have seen several
doctors who are convinced that silver is an essential nutrient that our body
needs, just like iron or selenium. Dr. Carey Reams taught that our
bodies use ALL minerals (in the right form).

"I have heard comments from several friends about colloidal silver having a
shelf life or losing its potency. A friend that has made CS for years states
that towards the end of his bottle (8 ounces) he can tell the CS is not as
potent anymore, like it has lost its charge. He notices that it is not as
effective."

Recently a man called me to order a bottle of CS. He had started to come
down with a cold or something, and the last of his CS nipped the cold in one
day, and he didnt want to be without it. I didnt recognize his name, so I
asked him where he had obtained the CS he had. He named a HF store I used to
supply that went out of business a while ago. I asked him to describe the
label, and he described a label I havent used for over four years. I am
personally of the opinion that some CS does not last as long as others. (My
personal belief is that low-voltage CS is not as stable as higher-voltage
CS.)

"A friend that owns an herb shop says the CS is susceptible to light and
must be in a dark glass container and must be handled carefully. I have read
online that the CS does NOT need to be in a dark or amber colored glass. My
question is.. Does CS have a shelf life? How long is it? What things besides
freezing effect CS?"

After I had started making higher-voltage CS, I put a clear-glass jar of it
in the window with the date on it and left it there for 15 months (forgot
about it, actually). After 15 months of all day, direct sunlight, it had a
very, very faint yellowish tint to it that you had to look at from several
angles to see.
When I was making 30-volt CS, I could never have done that. The purity of
the water also plays a big part.

"Why would CS become "contaminated" and not useful anymore? If CS kills
whatever germs it comes into contact with, how could CS possibly get
contaminated by a Q-tip or cotton ball coming into contact with it?"

To come to the conclusion that a batch or bottle of CS has lost its potency
has nothing to do with it being contaminated. The not useful aspect
would simply mean that the silver particles had lost their charge and fallen
out of the water to the bottom of the bottle. In that case, some folks would
suggest it be shaken up to make the silver particles evenly distributed. The
contamination from a cotton ball or Q-tip, or from someone drinking right
from the bottle would not have to do with pathogens, but minerals/chemicals,
etc., that *might* join with the CS to form some kind of compound. I
personally dont believe this is likely to happen, because compounds are
usually created during the electrical brewing process, not just from being
poured together. Nor do I fear the toxicity of any of these accidental
compounds that might happen from a Q-tip or my saliva (geez, theyre already
in my mouth).

Folks, you dont need to be careful or paranoid about CS. No, dont use
rusty tap water, no, dont cook it to death, no, dont use Sterling silver,
no, dont brew it in metal containers, but other than that, dont worry
about it. Pure water, Fine silver, reasonable brewing time, glass brewing
containers, light color, any DC voltage. Make it and drink it, clear,
yellow, gold, murky, occasionally brown. Ive made and drunk it all, many
times, and theres nothing blue about me.

Terry Chamberlin

http://mail.yahoo.com