The body takes time to come up to speed...'after' it decides there is a problem.
Many microbes replicate much faster.
The immune system is always playing catch up and usually does catch up after a while.
CS works 'now'...'if' enough gets to where it's needed.
Either way, kill rate has to exceed replication rate and the greater the difference, the faster the cure.
It's a drag race with microbes having a head start....and CS is a shot of NOS. [BOOST]

Ode