At 05:43 PM 7/10/2006 -0400, you wrote:

  "ruth strackbein" wrote:

  > Hi! I  use  the  computers at our  public  library.  The librarian
  > doesn't know  how  to  turn of html. Maybe you  can  help  us out.
  > Otherwise, I  just  won't be able to post on  Eskimo.  The library
  > computers are protected from scam, at least I understand they are.
  > The librarian  has  told  me that there is  a  virus  scan  in the
  > machines here.  To  learn how to turn off html, we  would  have to
  > contact the guy that services the library computers in a wide area
  > it can  take weeks to get one on the site. Hope this  post doesn't
  > cause a problem. Ruth

HTML isn't a property of the computer but the email program. There's a selection somewhere inside the program 'you' use. Look for tools, preferences etc menus and find a selection under 'sending mail'
 Select "plain text"
Searching that string in the help files might help find out where it resides. [I've rarely find "help" to be all that helpful ]

ode