I think water aerobics is the best choice of exercise
for overweight people or anyone who is older and
shouldn't be stressing their joints.  It's fun too.
The cost of joining the YMCA is around $50 a month,
but they have discount rates for lower income people.
I know overweight women just hate to be seen in public
in a swim suit, but many are very overweight in the
older group and no one really notices or cares. You
get right into the water and nothing shows but your
neck and head. You can get a suit at low cost at Ross
or some other discount store, or order one with a
little skirt.  Vigorous movement in the water will
make you feel so much stronger and better.  Many say
their joints feel much better on the days they
exercise.
                                      Pat

http://mail.yahoo.com