What Dan means is this:

  Once upon a time there was this fellow who bought a Silverpuppy.
After a year and a half or so he bought a really expensive water processing system and a packaging system.
 Suddenly he had a big problem with the Silverpuppy.
 He sent me samples of his water and CS.
It was the weirdest and worst water I'd ever seen but having paid thousands for the system and only a hundred or so for the generator..

  "That couldn't be it"

 How weird?
Upon opening the pressurized packages both the water and the CS had fluffy chunks in it he claimed was some sort of algae or mold. He just couldn't see that the water had the same crap in it that the CS had in it, therefore, the generator didn't do that. [And it probably wasn't even organic...probably was a packaging effect where pressure packing crystallized pre-existing mineral salts that made it though or were *created by* his very expensive water unit ] The water read around 4 uS on a Hanna PWT if I recall. Not wonderful but not too bad. I started thinking "Bad Puppy" But within an hour all the fluffy stuff was gone and it read well over 20 uS which is over the shut down point on a Silverpuppy.

It's not likely there was any silver in the CS sample but I don't have the tools to tell one way or the other when starting out in a situation where they tell me nothing about silver at all.

He wanted a refund so he could buy a Silvergen SG6. He got the refund without argument after being happy with it for almost 2 years till be bought the water system, just the comment that a Silvergen works the same way and it's far more than likely he'll have the exact same problems. [I also sent Trem a "heads up" ]

 He left my arena as a happy camper and said so.
I never heard about what happened next. I didn't hear any crowing. It takes no guts at all to crow. It takes real guts to "eat" crow and admit that "expensive" doesn't always mean "good".
  Not many people have that kind of guts. Con men count on that fact.
  I would be foolish to expect that and don't.

That guy was "taken" by *someone*, but it wasn't me [or Trem]
Like as not, he couldn't get service from the water system seller and defaulted to where he *could* get service. Or..he never looked at where the problem really was simply because he paid a lot for it and just blamed the handiest people.

On that note: Most "PPM" meters are plain junk, none are very accurate, any of them can go out of calibration, none are calibrated in the right range for use on CS and can read WAY off and still meet manufacturers range error specifications....and all readings are easily mis-interpreted.

A "conductivity" meter is far far better, still has quirks and limits to be aware of and accounted for when using it for something it wasn't designed for.

 No meter, good meter or not, reads silver content.
If you don't know what they do and how they work, you can get really confused.
Confusion should not be mistaken for facts.
When confusion is revealed as confusion..with the facts, insisting that it's still a fact is not reasonable. [dammit]

If you look for service from a PPM meter manufacturer when using it for something it wasn't designed for, you will very often get a blank stare or a pack of lies in leu of an honest, "I don't know"....especially if the specifications are written to obscure the limits of the device rather than make them clear.

After going around and around with Hanna tech for a month, I never did get a straight answer from them...just a string of denials amounting to "You're too stupid to ask questions we have no answers for but can't bring ourselves to admit." A friend of mine..a bar tender... coined a term that fits. "Belignorant" [beligerantly ignorant] It took me 3 more months and $400+ worth of "lab tests" to figure out what that PWT meter was really doing [And that's a GOOD meter].....and throw my Hanna PPM meter in the trash. [Bad meter ]

 Hanna has no clue about silver water.
HM Digital at least acknowledges there might be a clue they don't have. [They are actually interested and learning from people who use those meters] HM Digtal PPM meters have serious limitations and discrepancies between identical meters when used in the same samples.
 They are still better than most PPM meters.
They are useful within their limits but by no means a reason to say anything at all about "different" samples using different PPM meters.

What Dan means is, if you've mis-identified the source of a perceived problem and change the wrong thing, you'll most likely have the same problem.

 My opinion on that is, go right ahead. You'll find out the hard way.
I'll even help because, if there really IS a problem, I want to know exactly what the problem is so I can design [or instruct] around it.
 If I help you find out, maybe I'll get some "real" info.
On the other hand, you don't actually have to know what's wrong to find out what's right..just keep changing things till something works, then keep doing "that". You just won't know why it's right, but how cares? It's working. [But you'll never see the man on the moon with a microscope ]

 If I'm wrong I'll probably hear some crowing.
 If I'm right, I expect silence from most people.
Silence, is at least, not a negative.

Explaining things to people who "refuse" to understand, is pointless effort and doesn't solve anything.
 I have no control over how and what people want to hear.
A word to the wise...
What you see isn't always how it is.
 Expectation and defensive denial plays HUGE roles in perceptions.

Ode