The herb salvia divinorum has been used as an anti-addictive on
six of the top addictions, nicotine included, by removing the
need and, uniquely, not repacing it with something else.
References are on my website and I've seen it working in our
little local trial too.

It works in this respect at lower than hallucinogenic doses.

Duncan Crow