Matt Mahoney wrote:

I doubt you could model sentence structure usefully with a neural network
capable of only a 200 word vocabulary.  By the time children learn to use
complete sentences they already know thousands of words after exposure to
hundreds of megabytes of language.  The problem seems to be about O(n^2).  As
you double the training set size, you also need to double the number of
connections to represent what you learned.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The problem does not need to be O(n^2).

And remember: I used a 200 word vocabulary in a program I wrote 16 years ago, on a machine with only one thousandth of today's power.

And besides, solving the problem of understanding sentences could easily be done in principle with even a vocabulary as small as 200 words.

Richard Loosemore.