What I meant was, the only method a sane, informed, non-suicidal person
would want to sign up for of their own free will.

Of course there are several physical methods that might upload your
personality, indistinguishable from you, but would kill YOU.  So there's
no benefit to you, though nobody else would notice if they didn't know
any different.

You could also do a Hans Moravec type upload where your mind is
gradually uploaded to some sort of box, then your body's disconnected
and you watch it convulse and die.  Bleagh!!  Why put yourself thru
trauma if it's not necessary?

There may be other ways to do a benign upload, preserving the
individual, but I don't know of any offhand.

And of course our bodies do this naturally anyway... we gradually slough
off cells in favor of replacement cells all the time... just not all at
the same time.

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;