Even a ridiculously simple CPU, such as the one at
http://www.gravitybowl.com/Design_Images/3_CPU_Design.jpg,
has a heck of a lot more than "memory and a control
unit". A brief overview of some of the main components
can be seen at
http://www.fujitsu.com/img/EDG/product/asic/chip926.gif.

 - Tom

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;