On Jan 20, 2008 1:54 PM, Ben Goertzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Natasha
>
> After discussions with you and others in 2005, I created a revised
> version of the essay,
> which may not address all your complaints, but hopefully addressed some of
> them.
>
> http://www.goertzel.org/Chapter12_aug16_05.pdf
>
> However I would be quite interested in further critiques of the 2005
> version, because
> the book in which is was published is going to be reissued in 2008 and
> my coauthor
> and I are planning to rework the chapter anyway.
>
> thanks
> Ben

I would add that my understanding of the transhumanist/futurist
community in general,
and extropianism in particular, has deepened since 2005 due to a
greater frequency
and intensity of social interaction with relevant individuals; so
there are probably statements
in even the 2005 version that I wouldn't fully agree with now ...

... though, the spirit of the article of course still represents my
perspective...

ben