Hi,

FYI, that essay was an article I wrote for the German newspaper
Frankfurter Allgemaine Zeitung in 2001 ... it was translated to
German and published...

An elaborated, somewhat modified version was included
as a chapter in the 2005 book The Path to Posthumanity (P2P) by
myself and Stephan Vladimir Bugaj.   I have uploaded
the P2P version of the chapter here:

http://www.goertzel.org/Chapter12_aug16_05.pdf

BTW that book will in 2008 be updated and re-issued with
a different title.

Ben

--
Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC

"We are on the edge of change comparable to the rise of human life on Earth."
-- Vernor Vinge