> "paradigm" ...I still find it a fuzzy term,

Kuhn reviews this fuzziness in his epilogue on the 3rd edition.

But one definition of "paradigm" is the shared examples which drive a field.
For example, chess for GOFAI, or the Turing Test for AI. These two are
notparadigms for a new field of AGI  -- in fact, shared AGI paradigms
do not
yet exist.

(In my PhD, I was always a bit annoyed that we illustrated linguistic
phenomena by the same tired old examples -- it seemed to me that it would
have been more scientific to adduce statistical samples. That's true, but
now I realize that these examples tie a community together.)

AGI-08 conference ,

OpenCog AGI project

-- AGI email list
> -- 2006 AGI workshop
> -- two AGI edited volumes

Not to mention books, articles, collaborations, Webmind (which formed a
community of people thinking about AGI), AGIRI, the role in SIAI, the Dyn.
Psych. Journal, the AGI ontology,...

Joshua