Quoting Vladimir Nesov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Jan 26, 2008 8:57 PM, Bryan Bishop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Saturday 26 January 2008, Mike Tintner wrote:
> Why does discussion never (unless I've missed something - in which
> case apologies) focus on the more realistic future
> "threats"/possibilities -   future artificial species as opposed to
> future computer simulations?

This is bias in the community. The majority of the information from
SingInst, for example, focuses on digital ai and not the potential ai
that we can get from the bio sector, like through synbio and
gengineering and tissue engineering of neurons and brains.

I guess limitation of biological substrate are too strict, and there
is not much to hope for from this side. Maybe we'd be able to
construct a genetically engineered scientist with huge brain that will
develop AGI, before cracking this problem ourselves ;-)

--
Vladimir Nesov                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

If, of course an alien lands, hijacks a scientist and infuses him or her with
some new knowledge and super-powers then he or she could develop a super AGI
that eradicates humankind. Only joking. I suppose, this is some form of Central
European wit.
Gudrun Bielz

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;