Ben Goertzel wrote:
Funny dispute ... "is AGI about mathematics or science"

I would guess there are some approaches to AGI that are only minimally
mathematical in their design concepts (though of course math could be
used to explain their behavior)

Then there are some approaches, like Novamente, that mix mathematics
with less rigorous ideas in an integrative design...

And then there are more purely mathematical approaches -- I haven't
seen any that are well enough fleshed and constitute pragmatic AGI
designs... but I can't deny the possibility

I wonder why some people think there is "one true path" to AGI ... I
strongly suspect there are many...

Actually, the discussion had nothing to do with the rather bizarre interpretation you put on it above.

Richard Loosemore