PAI is a trust thing within sip. It cant get passed more than one level i
think and some itsp's use it to perform a basic authentication of sorts. I
feel it is somewhat open and useless, but that's my opinion.

If you put {itsp-registration-...@${itsp-domain} in the default identity AND
disable it, does it then work? I ask because I think that piece of code
(what has been fixing callerid for some) might be reading some logic or
fields "backwards".

You never did answer if the itsp uses registration (or plain IP ACL)...

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Heather L. Sanders <hlsan...@svsu.edu>wrote:

>  The ITSP requires that we send  ${itsp-registration-...@${itsp-domain} .
>

> I have attached the firewall pcap.  If you look at frame 8 of this pcap,
> you will see that the from header contains exactly that.  However, what is
> interesting...is that the PAI header contains my personalized callerid
> information in the format  ${user's-caller-...@${your-sip-domain} .
>
> So...as far as I can tell, when the call rings through, the ITSP reads the
> 'From' header and passes that along as the caller ID information, because,
> from what I understand about SIP/SDP protocols the PAI is *not* passed for
> caller id, it is for informational purposes only...right??
>
> I could have this backwards...I am new to this whole SIP thing, so please
> correct me if I am wrong.
>

>  ------------------------------
> Heather L. Sanders
> Linux Systems Administrator
> Saginaw Valley State University
> 7400 Bay Road
> 374 Wickes Hall
> University Center, MI 48710
> Office: (989) 964-2156
> Mobile: (989) 326-3300
> Email: hlsan...@svsu.edu
>
> On 08/13/2010 12:38 PM, Douglas Hubler wrote:
>
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Heather L. Sanders <hlsan...@svsu.edu>
> <hlsan...@svsu.edu> wrote:
>

>  I took your suggestion and ran a pcap at my firewall...I can see that my
> callerid info is in the PAI header.  However, my ITSP requires that we use a
> valid PAI, so sending anonymous is 'not an option' for us with this ITSP.
>

>  it seems there is no way to send empty PAI or PPI, would that help
> your situation?
>
> What is the exact value for PAI and PPI that your ITSP desires
>  e.g.
>     ${user's-caller-...@${your-sip-domain}
>     ${user's-caller-...@${itsp-domain}
>     ${itsp-registration-...@${itsp-domain}

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.