> hi, Hi,
> so if i have understand : > > everyons is ok witch the fact that a lot of work have been done > on tazwok and its now have become a big tool. > but for a part of the people theres some bugs and heres some > unwanted/missing feature thes people seem to be disposed to adapt the > code for ther need but c'ant do it du to dificulty to understand the > code so they have start an other project. > So for me, the conflict come from a does-not-make-everyone-happy > tazwok and goes to an new does-not-make-everyone-happy cookutils. > have you checked others way? In fact Tazwok was an easy tool and was making everyone happy. It is the build tool I coded from SliTaz 1.0. Since the start of this year is as becaome a all in one tool (packages builder + build bot) and my old Tazbb was ingored as well as the unix philosophy: one tool for one task and do it well. > - like for example ask to the people who have writed the code to add > more coment , try to clean ther code Ther is comments, but understand 3500 lignes of code is difficult. > - split tazwok into kindof tazwok-lite and tazwok-extra Like explained before it was splitted at first but the today Tazwok merged all in one tool. > - rewrite or remove parts of the code It's why I rewrite cookutils, clean base, minimum code and without all the errors I did 5 years ago. > - monitorize used command to see with one are not used. Nice idea, how would you implement that ? Ask dev to sent report ? > becose for bolt side whatever your code/tool is good if its a > does-not-make-everyone-happy people will complain and say its crappy. > (look how mutch people complain about google&gmail spying and use > it ) For the moment the cookutils make unhappy 2 people, for sentimental reason... in time we will see. I could revert all Tazwok changes and come back in the stat of december, but I respect the work done and I would like to keep it. > xfred - Christophe --- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

