2012/03/25, Christophe Lincoln: >Hi Aleksej,
Hi Christophe! >> I have no wifi, nor ethernet, only 3g modem (cdma) and gprs/edge >> modem. ... Actually, I don't have _internet_connection_ via wifi or eth. We have corporate wifi at my work and I can discover, it works. >Wich packages exactly do you need to add to core to get your 3g modem >working ? Right now I take experiment. I need only: * xplc * wvstreams * wvdial * gnome-ppp (optional) It takes 578 (or 612) KB for me to download, it's too small, it's nothing ;) Now I can connect to the internet both via: * gprs/edge modem on my Vivaz smartphone (and on all semi-modern mobile phones); * 3g usb-modem CCU-550 (3G 1x EV-DO standard) for people.net.ua operator (cdma) >> Resume: I will NOT use brand newest SliTaz 4.0 without full XOrg and >> Intel video driver included. > >Ok thanks! I realy need people taking position on that and SliTaz >always try to listen to users needs. So we will keep full Xorg :-) Sorry my expression! It's looks for my like degradation of current SliTaz version. I'm too lazy to deal with new version (but without video), while I have working pretty one with all inclusive. No no no, I'm not say goodbye to SliTaz ;) I'm just using rolling core. --------- 2012/3/25, tom <[email protected]>: > I think, it would be good to add sakis 3G, but its broken As described at http://wiki.sakis3g.org/wiki/index.php?title=Sakis3G_problems "Connecting with an operator using CDMA is not yet possible." So I'm not tested sakis at all. But people says that it's wonderful. I can configure wvdial.conf by hands, but what can I say about newbies? When I'll have more free time, I'll deal with sakis. By the way, I wrote this all from SliTaz LiveUSB, Midori, wvdial and friends ;) -- Lexeii -- SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list - http://www.slitaz.org/

